Let’s follow the advice and study information from the government and verified Health Organizations.
Please stay safe and try as much as possible to follow the social distancing regulations – which in all are enforced to ensure that Citizens remain safe. Let’s follow the advice and study information from the government and verified Health Organizations. We understand that lack of knowledge is a recipe for fear, therefore we must remain knowledgeable about this pandemic (COVID-19). False information and fake news have been an instrument in the hands of many but again we say not all news should be listened. We hope that you remain strong during this period. More than ever, we must stand together.
For updates on COVID-19 please use the department of health website www.sacoronavirus.co.za
How can you prevent infection?The following can provide protection against infection from Coronaviruses and many other viruses that are more common in South Africa:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick and try and keep a distance from others at home.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a flexed elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces